Scope of work:
The QA Analyst provides the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality for the intended use of the solution. The Analyst is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability/ stability and compatibility with other legacy and / or external systems. This position employs testing and collaboration with technical peers to accomplish assignments. Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodology is highly desirable.
1. Accountable for the execution of assigned tasks and tasks of others related to testing of existing computer systems and software applications.
2. Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
3. Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
4. Performs the testing and certification process.
5. Schedule and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
6. Identify and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
7. Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
8. Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
• Working knowledge of Quality testing and business process analysis, concepts, practices and procedures in the Agile / DevOps environment. Ability to demonstrate a certain
degree of creativity combined with analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience with JIRA and Zephyr testing tools.
• Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers and business partners
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. May assist and guide junior staff as necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 4- 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area
• 1- 3 years of experience with Agile / DevOps