Our client is a leading financial institution and in need of a Compliance Manager in their Jacksonville, FL offices. This is a permanent position with a growing institution, there are no management of staff duties and the client does not seek someone that is currently managing a team, rather it involves managing the processes and regulatory restrictions for a financial institution. The client is only looking for candidates from in and around the greater Jacksonville, FL area. Candidates must be very familiar with national and state of FL banking laws and regulations with regard to compliance. Core job goals:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Champion as well as provide overall Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) leadership, vision and direction throughout the organization, with specific focus on Compliance Risk Management.
- Increase risk awareness and understanding of compliance risk exposures
- Assist in enhanced risk-based decision making processes by providing guidance and collaborating with business units to ensure compliance with applicable rules, laws and regulations.
- Regularly evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of compliance risk management activities
- Continually enhance the Compliance Risk Management Program (CRMP) to ensure it effectively compliments the ERM
- Identify, manage and monitor key compliance risk drivers across the organization.
- Ensure key compliance risk drivers are identified; acceptable risk mitigation/response strategies as well as acceptable tolerance levels are defined
- Prepare regular informational reports on the effectiveness of compliance activities across the organization, conclude on the effectiveness of compliance risk management activities
- Develop a risk intelligent culture with strong collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Create and foster an increased understanding and awareness of business line managers’ responsibility for risk assessment and management activities
- Provide advice with line managers to support more compliance risk-based thinking and decision making skills.
- Review/develop initial and ongoing compliance risk management training for the organization
- Maintain an understanding of the organization’s overall business plan objectives, long-term strategic goals and current financial results.
- Annually, obtain necessary continuing education hours to maintain professional certifications and to continuously enhance individual knowledge.
- Demonstrate due professional care and the highest standards of professional competency.
- Assist VP of CRM in sharing information and documentation as applicable to external auditors, regulatory examiners, attorneys and/or law enforcement agencies
Please send resumes to Nancy at email@example.comFor a complete list of jobs visit http://www.arcgonline.com
- Bachelor degree in a business curriculum or related field and at least five years of regulatory compliance experience in a financial institution is required.
- Professional compliance and/or risk management certification(s) (e.g., NCCO, CRCM, CUCE, etc.) required. Maintain necessary continuing professional education hours to retain certification(s)
- Strong experience in identifying and evaluating existing and emerging compliance risks.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable financial services laws, rules and regulations
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Word and Excel skills as well as other applicable software applications.