Our direct client in Jacksonville, FL has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager. This is a contract position running through September with potential to extend or possibly roll into an FTE position. Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer and able to work as our W2 employee during the contract.
· Manage projects or components of projects with few dependencies, limited scope, low risk and effort, few integration points and short duration within a single team of resources.
· Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actuals incurred.
· Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating details project plans and tracking financial information.
· Communicate status of project to leadership, project team and to more senior PMs on a project.
· Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
· Participates in change initiatives and workgroups.
· Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders leadership and PMs associated with other projects.
· Advise leadership, Project Team/Project Managers on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
· Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
· Facilitates project meetings.
· Creates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5 or more years of Project Analysis and/or Project Management work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
· Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
· Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
· Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
· Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology.
· Broad knowledge of IT functions.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
· Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
· Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
· PMP certification.
· Experience using Agile methodology
· 2 or more years of Project Management work experience
Please send resumes directly to Jon Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online while viewing all of our open positions at http://www.arcgonline.com.